By Robert Bryson-Richardson,Silke Berger,Peter Currie
Zebrafish are generally thought of a superb model system for vertebrate improvement. The embryo is obvious, thereby permitting visualization and use of labelling and transgenic ways. in addition, as a result ease of inducing new mutations in zebrafish and similarity with the human genome, this organism can be used successfully for disorder reports. for instance, mutant zebrafish are being applied for trying out medications that would wrestle more than a few human illnesses, from Alzheimer's and melanoma to kidney failure and congenital center sickness. For the 1st time, this atlas presents the learn neighborhood with a whole reference for zebrafish anatomy spanning the early embryo the entire option to adulthood.
The authors hire the means of optical projection tomography (OPT), and supply a chain of sections in a number of planes from each one pattern. The contents are equipped by means of developmental levels, with over two hundred pictures that include annotations describing anatomical constructions suitable to improvement. moreover, chapters function explanatory textual content that highlights significant advancements within the zebrafish in the course of every one stage.
- Provides the 1st complete anatomical source that covers all areas of zebrafish anatomy from the larval interval to adulthood
- The over two hundred photographs comprise explanatory notes
- Each bankruptcy includes a concise description of key anatomical beneficial properties that think about zebrafish development
- Despite decades of use as a version process, formerly there hasn't ever been a consultant to zebrafish on the larval stage
- The book's web site incorporates a database of over 10k sections from assorted areas in addition to 3D pictures which are interactive
Read Online or Download Atlas of Zebrafish Development PDF
Best developmental biology books
This e-book covers many points of atherogenesis, with specific emphasis on lipid and lipoprotein metabolism. It contains all points of the legislation of ldl cholesterol homeostasis and the significance of every pathway. additionally explored are the jobs of nuclear hormone receptors on lipid and lipoprotein metabolism and their complicated roles in atherogenesis.
A ground-breaking contribution to the literature, Male Infertility: modern scientific techniques, Andrology, artwork & Antioxidants bargains a entire evaluate of well-established, present diagnostic and therapy ideas for male infertility. This state of the art, evidence-based source comprises new multidisciplinary and complementary drugs methods to create a first-of-its-kind consultant to therapy suggestions regarding antioxidants for male infertility.
Evolution, rationalization, Ethics and Aesthetics: in the direction of a Philosophy of Biology makes a speciality of the dominant organic subject of evolution. It bargains with the existing philosophical topics of the way to give an explanation for the difference of organisms, the interaction of probability and necessity, and the recurrent subject matters of emergence, reductionism, and growth.
Enamel of Non-Mammalian Vertebrates is the 1st complete book dedicated to enamel and dentitions of residing fishes, amphibians and reptiles. The booklet offers a finished survey of the superb number of the teeth varieties between non-mammalian vertebrates, in accordance with descriptions of roughly four hundred species belonging to approximately a hundred and sixty households.
- Color Atlas of Fetal and Neonatal Histology
- Early Life Origins of Health and Disease: 573 (Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology)
- Biomedical Electron Microscopy: Illustrated Methods and Interpretations
- International Review of Cytology: A Survey of Cell Biology: 186 (International Review of Cell and Molecular Biology)
Additional info for Atlas of Zebrafish Development